Saturday, July 19, 2014

Harry Potter Themed Baby Shower

My boss at work is having her first baby and really wanted a book shower instead of a regular baby shower.  Let me just go ahead and admit that I am a hard-core nerd! I love Harry Potter. So it was the one and only thought I had :) and it legit made my day.
I also love an app that is huge in my area called VarageSale- it is like CraigsList but for your specific area. 
I found almost everything on here from a lady on that site for $40!  I bought it awhile ago but I am hoping that maybe one of my kids will love it as much as I do :)

The letters are just printed out on paper and then we cut them out and taped them to look like they were flying.  I got the glasses in the big stash of Harry stuff! 

I found this graphic online of the whomping willow and I downloaded a Harry Potter font for the text.  I found the book at a secondhand book store for $3. We had everyone sign the book and I just loved it. 


Don't mind our ugly bathroom :)  But I just had to show you the sign, absolutely hilarious

Mason jars and these awesome printables!
http://www.atypicalenglishhome.com/2012/08/harry-potter-party-printables.html
And soda label printables http://www.pinterest.com/pin/278167714459692618/


We used the quidditch robe as "the mommy to be throne"

Another awesome thing in the Harry Potter stash!



It wouldn't be a party without Hagrid's Hut & his dragon.

Time to be jealous-- The Sorting hat talks. oh yeah, i'm that cool! :)





I hope she really loved it! I always find that no matter how much I think I have to decorate when I put it out, it never seems like enough! Do you have the same problem??


No comments:

Post a Comment