Tuesday, June 16, 2015

It's peanut butter jelly time....



Are you anything like me and just stare into your pantry when it is time to pack your kid's lunch?
With all of the restrictions around school lunches I end up begging my son to just eat whatever the school lunch has today. Otherwise you are stuck trying to figure out what will stay cold by the time they have lunch and what is ok to send.  My son LOVES peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and is constantly asking if he can take one to school.  I would stare longingly at the peanut butter just wishing I could make one and send it to school!   

Then, came grocery shopping day and let me admit I use Walmart's grocery delivery (and i am in love, look for my next post on how amazing it is!) .  I put peanut butter into the search field and this amazing product came up!!!  Wowbutter and then name says it all! 


"Safe for schools! Tastes like peanut butter"  oh but its not peanut butter, but it really does taste like peanut butter.   Pssh, I was sceptical, but intrigued so I bought it.  Then I had my son try it and it really does taste like peanut butter!



Now, let me give you a little hint - if you send your son to school with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and tell him to tell the teachers it's not really peanut butter..... they totally won't believe him.  Then, they will make him go sit at a "not safe food table."  Yep, did you know those exist now? Well at my kid's school I guess they do.  I guess I should be glad they didn't just throw it away and make him buy a lunch.



The next day I knew better and then I also learned that the behind the label are these awesome stickers.  So, when my son was getting in trouble for bringing a "non-safe" food to school again, he just turned the container over and they let him eat his sandwich.  :)  Win.  
Now, I just have to get him to eat the veggies I send with him to school and we will really be winning. I hope this makes your lunch packing adventures even easier!


No comments:

Post a Comment