Thursday, January 8, 2015

Mount Rushmore with kids


For the last 2 years my son has been begging to go to Mount Rushmore because of Phineas and Ferb,  I have been putting it off for such a long time because I kept thinking there is nothing for kids to do and it will be a miserable and boring trip.  Let me tell you now that I was so wrong!  My 6 year old and 2 year old absolutely loved it.  It was a ton of walking which was a bit tough on my 2 year old (or my husband who ended up carrying him when he got tired!) But they both did absolutely great and most importantly they had a great time!

So I really only thought that this was all there was to Mount Rushmore-- there is so much more but you have to pay attention and look for it! Ask a volunteer for a kid's passport, it keept the kids engaged and looking for things throughout the entire time we were there!

Follow the signs to walk near the base of Mount Rushmore and they have awesome exhibits like this trickled throughout the hike.  The kids could go in and out of the teepees, and try different tools and bowls.

The hikes are steep as my cute little grandma found out! But not too terrible.

We got to learn about the Presidents through signs like this through the hike.

Look at that view! wow!


 Check back in for my other posts on our trip to South Dakota! It was such a great trip and I can'r wait to share all we loved with you! I hope you have as great of a trip as we did :)


No comments:

Post a Comment