Friday, February 27, 2015

Blanket Box into a Minecraft box

Take an old blanket box and turn it into a Minecraft box

My parents are selling their house and cleaning out some lovely gems from my childhood, like this little guy.  I was just going to post it on Varagesale (check out one of my other posts about this awesome app!) for her but at the last minute thought that I could turn this into a pretty decent Minecraft craft.  If you have a elementary or junior school aged boy, you probably know a ton about Minecraft just like me!  One of the best things about the Minecraft phase is that the graphics are so easy to replicate into a variety of different things!

I was going to make it a grass block but my son begged for a "treasure box" and then proceed to show me 20 screens so that I could see what it looks like!  I love chalk paint but its crazy expensive so I usually choose the small acrylic paints (see above picture) $3 for 3 different colors? Cant beat that!  Once I let the paint dry I waxed it with Annie Sloan wax and then let it dry. 

I think it turned out pretty cute and my son absolutely adores it! Not bad for $3!

No comments:

Post a Comment