Monday, March 30, 2015

Hide all that kid junk under the bunk bed!

We got my son this awesome IKEA bed about a year ago because it can flip over and go from a bunk bed to a normal bed.  My son kept asking for a bunk bed but we know our son and figured that wouldn't last long! (which it hasn't- we have flipped it almost every other month). The one and only thing I hate about this bed is that junk is like a magnet in the bottom and it is the first thing you see when you come in!

Now, isn't that much better??? ahhh... yes it is....

I wanted to make sure when we flipped the bed that however the curtains attached to the bed it would not be seen so I hot glued velcro to the metal beam.  I would make sure that you put the soft side on the metal piece so the bedding doesn't get stuck to it when the bed gets flipped.

Classy hand stitching eh?

It ended up being about a yard and a half of fabric ($5 on sale at Hobby Lobby)
Velcro ($2 on sale at Hobby Lobby)

for $7 I can walk into my son's room and not cringe! Totally worth it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment