Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Make ahead Strawberry Smores



Are your kids anything like mine? The minute my son comes home from school he wants to eat everything in sight and I have spent way too much time staring into my pantry for something to give him.  While camping last year I thought to myself that Smores would be the perfect after school snack! But how can I keep them on hand and keep my costs down? In comes my awesome idea.



First grab all of your items together, 
1. Graham Crackers
2. Strawberries sliced
3. Marshmallows
4. Bananas are a great addition as well!


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Place rows of graham crackers on the cookie sheet and place one marshmallow on top of the graham crackers.
I found that it worked best to cook the bottom layer of graham cracker and the marshmallow for ten minutes. After ten minutes, take the cut strawberries and place them on the marshmallows.  Next, place the graham cracker on top and push in so the marshmallow sticks to the graham crackers.



Next, take a large container and place all the smores in the container.  If you are stacking 2 smores on top of each other I would put a sheet of foil in between so the 2 smores don't freeze together. 
Then you can toss it in the freezer.  I personally love them frozen, the marshmallows are perfect and squishy- so I eat them straight from the freezer.  My son on the other hand, dislikes them frozen so I pop them into the microwave for a couple of seconds. 



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment